Sunday, November 26, 2017

{Antique Shop Temptations} Would you Paint a Treadle Sewing Machine?

It's pretty, but I don't think I could bring myself to do it. What about you?

Red Painted Treadle Sewing Machine

What I really really love is this display of old zinc  canning jars. Makes me want to gather all of mine up and give them a bath. (How silly would it be to take out the buttons just to wash the jar and put them back where they came from?)


Trust my boys to immediately spot a two-headed calf. Happily, it belongs to the city and isn't for sale. So I didn't have to have that discussion. (Pretty sure it's out of the budget anyway.)


3 comments:

Laura said...

I wouldn't paint a treadle sewing machine unless the wood was so damaged, it wouldn't look right stained. I love the look of wood!

Briarose said...

oooh that is just so wrong...creepy comes to mind

Unknown said...

I agree with what Laura said in her comment above. I hate the idea of painting over wood, unless it is completely shot.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails