Thursday, October 19, 2017

{Thrift Shop Temptations} Old Stereos

It wasn't a great week for thrifting -- except for the birthday boy who wanted to read Jurassic Park and had five different paperback editions to choose from, along with a copy of The Lost World. Sometimes gently used is better than new, especially when it means you can have it in your hands right away. 

The store that's had all of the great needlework stuff is rearranging everything. I can't tell if the new section is smaller, or if I'm just bugged that it's different. The other store's craft section was almost completely empty, like they'd cleared out everything that wasn't selling. 

But if you're in the market for an old record player, this was the right week. 


I'm guessing the three of them came in together. I don't know what my fascination  with these old things is, but to make room for one I'd have to part with a treadle machine and that's not going to happen. 


They're probably more fun to look at than to own, right? And it's not like I'd ever be able to settle on the perfect one to bring home with me, which would eliminate all of the future possibilities.


1 comment:

Ruth said...

Oh, how I miss my parents' old stereo system. We could stack four or five records up on top and it would play for over an hour, each record gently sliding down in its turn, and the needle arm moving out of the way and back over to begin letting the music out again.
Thank you for showing the insides of at least ONE of these three machines!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails