Wednesday, September 27, 2017

{Books and Yarn} Meddling Kids

Yes, I'm still avoiding that new heel technique....


I can't remember where I first saw Meddling Kids by Edgar Cantero mentioned, but oh my gosh if you still enjoy Scooby Doo, this is the book you need to rush out and find. It's got deep mine shafts and a spooky old mansion on an island in a lake and monsters...basically all of the stuff I loved about those old cartoons, but written for grownups.




Best Day Ever by Kaira Rouda

This was the most straight forward thriller I've read in ages. Paul Strom is driving his wife, Mia, to the lake for a romantic weekend getaway. It will be perfect -- the best  day ever -- because Paul is used to getting what he wants. He's smart and careful and won't let anyone else derail his plans...but he's not Dexter Morgan or Joe from the books by Carolne Kepnes. He's not likeable, or all that interesting. And I didn't really care what happened to him or his wife, even after it became obvious that Paul doesn't know quite as much about his marriage as he thinks he does.

Disclosure -- I was provided with an advance review copy of Best Day Ever. Meddling Kids came from the library. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails