Monday, August 28, 2017

Settling in Again and Deciding What's Next

Lately, it seems like I've been doing nothing but knitting. The difference is that it's not stress knitting this time, it's "I've got some time to sit here with needles in my hands" knitting. Which is much more enjoyable. The stress knitting of the past couple of years has been relaxing, but this is fun.

I've got to clear off my sewing machine and get back to piecing. The Janome still isn't fixed. I talked to a local repair shop, but haven't had the time to take it up there. Or, to be more honest, the willpower. I can go weeks without plugging the machine in, but not having the option? That sounds like torture. And what if the problem can't be fixed?  (I know the answer, I just don't want to deal with learning new tricks right now.)

I can't free motion quilt, but I can piece. And I can do zippers. The other machines don't have zipper feet....or at least I don't think they do.

I've got fabric and supplies for a bunch of bags, but I'm leaning towards waiting until Bag It starts on September 18.

There's a quilt along that I was looking forward to, but I can't for the life of me remember which blog it was on or the name of it. Anyone recognize a quilt along that involves curved piecing and several layer cakes? I'm sure I followed the blog on both Facebook and Bloglovin, so it's got to pop up in my feed sooner or later, right?

And the charity group starts meeting again in September. I've got a couple of quilts going with their fabric, so I need to get to work on those. It's hard to get motivated to add a border when it won't be needed for another three months. But now the clock is ticking.

1 comment:

Terri in BC said...

Moda Bake Shop just started a quilt-along that uses 1 layer cake, 1 yd of an accent fabric and background material. can't remember if it has curves but so far I'm liking it. Week 4 was released yesterday, but Week 1 was only the layout and fabric requirements, so you wouldn't be too far behind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails