Saturday, August 12, 2017

Not as Soothing as Promised...


For a while now, I've been tempted by the pretty adult coloring books. The only thing holding me back was that I've already got so many other ways to keep my hands busy...and when I did have a day when coloring sounded more fun than the knitting or embroidery or quilting, I couldn't decide on a pattern.

Joanna Campbell Slan  has started a coloring club over on Facebook, so I printed out her first choice and borrowed the colored pencils I bought for Leif last Christmas and played around a bit.

It wold be more fun if I didn't have the voice of my middle school social studies teacher echoing in my head. We spent what seems like it was an entire year coloring world maps and were graded on whether all of the pencil strokes went in the same direction. Just WHY?  There must've also been some tests that involved putting the right names on the right countries, but its her lectures about neatness that stuck with me. Having those maps now would be interesting. I wonder how many borders and country names have changed since the early 80s.

I definitely prefer embroidery and knitting, but I'll keep the coloring books I bought at the discount store for days when I want something else to play with.

2 comments:

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I have a coloring book that I can't make myself color in. Perfectionism is stopping me. Maybe we had similar teachers?! HA!

Amanda Best said...

The adult coloring book craze didn't really catch on for me, either, I would rather knit, embroider, hand sew, etc... your kitties are cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails