Thursday, August 10, 2017

Looking Back

Five Years Ago...
soaked a quilt in sugar water in an attempt to coax the bees into landing on it. It didn't work. 

I played with Crayolas and made Lobster Sue

I'd started a spool pattern that I absolutely loved.... at least until I saw Bonnie Hunter's leaders and enders version. I don't know when I'll get all of those little 3 1/2" spools done, but I'll definitely enjoy the finished quilt more. 

And I made a ton of little Halloween hats for the NICU.

Ten Years Ago...


I was knitting at the river and the boys almost startled a snake. I got lucky and it went under my knitting bag instead of straight inside. Thank goodness! These days I'd be able to deal with it, but back then I might've abandoned the whole thing. 

I joined Ravelry. 

I was still knitting lots of shawls and had room on the sewing room bed to block them. These days, it's buried under a mountain of fabric scraps. 

I paper pieced for the first and last time. I've tried since then, but never with any success. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails