Thursday, August 31, 2017

Fort Rock Homestead Museum {Part 3}

I'm kind of running out of things to say about these wonderful old quilts, except for the fact that I absolutely love them. 


Wouldn't you love to see one of these old kitchens in action? They have to have been more cluttered in real life, because there would have been food in there too and not just a couple of random jars and containers of spices. I really want to know how these women got things done.


My favorite part of this museum is that you're free to wander through the houses and buildings. There are no ropes across the doors or pieces of clear plexiglass to squint through. You're in the rooms and free to walk around and get a close look at everything.


I still like the faded Dresden plates best, but this one is gorgeous!


I couldn't tell if this embroidery was crayon tinted or not. Could it have been watercolors?


Not my favorite image, but I like the idea of it. Being the only one not asleep is one of my favorite things.

This is absolutely the last of the pictures from the homestead museum. You can find the rest in part one, and part two.

2 comments:

Angie in SoCal said...

Wow, I enjoyed all three of those posts. They really have brought back history at that museum. Thanks for posting, Michelle.

beatrice De said...

Lot of work !
Hello from Switzerland

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails