Saturday, July 22, 2017

Blue Sea Socks and Busy Days

Here's another pair of completely uneventful socks... 

Yarn: Drops Fabel, Blue Sea 

The yarn and needles and not-a-pattern all did exactly what they were supposed to do and there's not much to say about these except that they're pretty and I assume they'll fit since I used the same number of stitched on the same needles that I've used for the past half dozen pairs or so. 

Within minutes of binding off these a few days ago, I cast another pair onto the same needles with a different color of Drops Fabel. It keeps my hands busy while I'm waiting for other things to happen. Or watching television. And it soothed my nerves while I was waiting for the appliance delivery guys to show up. 

If you live in a 1920s farm house, measure the doors before ordering appliances or you'll be taking off the door frame. Which I guess we would have done even though we measured, because going with a smaller fridge isn't really an option with soon-to-be-three teenage boys. I need all of the shelf space I can get. 

Today's post is late because I've been shopping for stuff to put in the new fridge, after a couple of weeks of making due with the tiny fridge in our travel trailer. I'm going to have to get used to the arrangement of the shelves in this one. Now that I'm putting food in there I'm kind of convinced that whoever designed it didn't use actual groceries in the process. How can there not be room for 2 liter bottles without moving shelves around? (I'm also thinking I vaguely remember taking a shelf out of the old fridge to make it work with real food.)

Now that Hubby is done with his vacation and I've got a functioning kitchen again, I've got all kinds of plans. Mostly for sewing. Did I mention that the door from the front room to kitchen is only thirty inches wide and that we had to take everything out of the dining room corner that I use for my sewing so they could bring it through there? The past few days have been a huge, not very fun, adventure.

But I found an estate sale that made up for it all and I'll post my haul tomorrow. Hopefully with a video and giveaway, if I can pull it all together. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails