Sunday, April 16, 2017

Which Are Your Indispensable Sewing Machine Feet?


I keep reading tutorials that praise specialty sewing machine feet. Maybe I would love a Teflon foot to sew vinyl with...and then I look at the price and wonder if I'd actually use it enough to justify  the money. I've wondered the same thing about a bias binding foot.

My Janome has the feet I need: a quarter-inch foot, zig-zag foot, darning foot, and zipper foot. Oh, and the walking foot. There's a buttonhole foot somewhere, but I don't like buttonholes and you can't make me stitch one.

If I'm going to put her out to pasture and use one of my vintage machines, they've only got the foot that came home from the thrift shop with them. Do I buy extra feet for a machine I don't know if I'll love?

I might have solved the problem with an estate sale find. I think/hope that these will work on the blue machine. I don't know what most of them are even for, but I needed a zipper foot and I figure that's worth the three bucks I spent.

Which feet do you actually use for your projects?

Weekly Stash Report

Fabric used this week: 0 yards
Fabric used year to date: 2 yards
Fabric added this week:  0 yards
Fabric added year  to date: 5 yards
Net used for 2017: 3 yards

Yarn used this Week:  0  yards
Yarn used year to Date: 2850 yards
Yarn added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn added Year to Date: 9350 yards
Net used for 2017: 6500 yards

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails