Monday, April 17, 2017

I Could Like This Quilt


This quilt isn't for me, so I don't have to love it, but it's much better than the original plan would have turned out and that makes me happy. I'm not a huge fan of sashing, but the ladies in the quilt group seem to like it and it's their fabric (except for the solid blue I added to make the sashing happen) and I aim to please.

I have faith that quilting will make it look even better, but I'm not sure how to manage that with my current free-motion woes. I've got a couple of different ideas for the walking foot, but neither of them makes me happy.

I should probably add a solid outer border, shouldn't I? I like borders even less than I like sashing, but even I'm thinking it would be a good idea for this one.

6 comments:

Dar said...

I would put a blue border first, then add 4 more rows of those little squares followed by a blue binding. Of course, I'm in the mode of using up my scraps and stash, so the more blocks I can make from scraps the better. I also like the string piece idea for HST that would make a nice border in a zigzag pattern with the blue fabric on one half of the Square and the scrappy squares or strings on the other half side. Or an easier piano keys with scraps following a small blue border.

Nancy said...

Oh, yes, I think it needs a blue border, just like the sashing. (But that's just me. Maybe I'm with the ladies in the quilt group about liking this quilt. In fact, I love it. I don't usually like blue very much but this blue on this quilt -- perfect! What size are your squares? You couldn't tie it, could it (considering your free-motion woes)?

Sheila said...

I LIKE scrappy so this us my kinda quilt. Would look nice with a blue border and scrappy binding.

em's scrapbag said...

A border would frame this lovely scrappy quilt. I agree a scrappy binding would be perfect.

Suze said...

I love blue - and I like the light blue sashing. I don't know what to suggest for a border. I'm in agreement for a border. I know what's it's like to get to a certain point in a quilt and then just lose interest. I don't do scrap quilts because 1) I don't have lots of scraps (most of my quilts have been from kits with few scraps) and 2) I don't like chaos - ordered or not. Good luck!

AnnieO said...

Very fun scrappy look! I'm not a dashing and border fan either, but this quilt seems to call for it๐Ÿ˜›

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails