Monday, March 13, 2017

A Full Day of Sewing

Bright and early Saturday morning, I packed up my sewing machine and drove to Salem to sew with a group of quilters who make blankets for youth and families in need. They were such a welcoming and enthusiastic group. It was just what I needed to get my motivation back.  


I didn't get a picture of the quilt top that I put together because I was racing the clock to get the last rows assembled before it was time to pack up my sewing machine.  Instead of choosing and cutting my own fabric, I used a precut kit. Whoever selected and combined those fabrics had a different vision of  a successful scrap quilt than I have. (I'm kind of suspecting that they took squares left over from a couple of different projects and put them in the same bag.)

The gal across from me had chosen her own fabrics and was making an absolutely gorgeous rail fence quilt. I kept thinking of the yardage in the other room and what I could have done with some of that.

The kit is now a top and someone else will layer and tie it. With my current free motion issues I decided against bringing it home to quilt myself.

At the end of the day, they asked who wanted to take some kits home to work on and I heard another gal comment that she'd had problems with them before. So I guess it's not just me. I did take home a pack of 4" squares that I plan on turning into something wonderful.

The first step will be to cut them into 2" squares.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails