Sunday, September 25, 2016

Halloween Supplies

Have you seen the Halloween Haul videos on YouTube?  I discovered them last week and I'm absolutely fascinated.  What struck me most is the difference between those videos and my own trip to the Dollar Tree for seasonal supplies. None of my stuff looks like Halloween -- yet.

It's easier for me to justify the purchase when I'm making something, not just hanging something ready made on the wall.


The bigger part of the haul, which I didn't take a picture of, was the supplies for baking. I've got a working oven this year, cranberries are back on the menu, and I'm determined to bake all of the wonderful yummy things, starting with Homemade Maple Pecan Cranberry Granola.


My boys love granola for breakfast (we get ours from the bulk section at Winco), but I've never tried making it. This is definitely a recipe we'll use again.

Weekly Stash Report

Fabric used this week: 0 yards
Fabric used year to date: 6 1/2 yards
Fabric added this week:  0 yards
Fabric added year  to date: 29 1/4 yards (+2 sheets)
Net added for 2016: 22 3/4 yards

Yarn used this Week: 0  yards
Yarn used year to Date: 5500 yards
Yarn added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn added Year to Date: 9118 yards
Net added for 2016: 3618 yards

This post is linked to Patchwork Times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that link to the granola. I LOVE granola, especially with vanilla yogurt instead of milk. So yummy! I will have to try my hand at making some of this.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails