Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Do You See the Pumpkins?


I spent way to much time at the doctor's office last week and fell behind on my September Scare socks, but things are looking better now. (No more welts! Still no explanation, but as long as they stay gone I'm happy.) Two more evenings of knitting and I'm halfway through the second foot and the heels are straight forward short rows. Depending on the leg pattern, I may get these done before the next sock pattern is released.

Or not. I still haven't decided how I feel about the pumpkins. They're a neat trick, but mine look a little messy. I think I need smaller needles or tighter stitches or something.


Luckily, feeling too yucky to knit isn't the same as feeling too yucky to read.

Hellhole by Gina Damico is a fun black comedy. The trouble all starts when Max Kilgore steals a sparkly pink plastic kitten from the convenience store where he works, hoping it will cheer up his sick mother. It's a small crime but, combined with the pit to Hell that he just dug, it's enough to unleash a devil with an insatiable taste for junk food (but only if it's stolen) and reality television. Max hopes that if he gives the demanding devil something extra, his mother will be healed in exchange. And we all know how well deals with the devil tend to turn out...

Disclosure -- The book came from the library. All opinions are my own. This post is linked to Patchwork Times, Yarn Along   

3 comments:

Sandie said...

Really like both pairs of socks. Where is the mystery pattern being shared?

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

They are subtle pumpkins, but they are there! I do see them. Good choice of yarn color for the theme.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

They are subtle pumpkins, but they are there! I do see them. Good choice of yarn color for the theme.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails