Sunday, July 24, 2016

More Rows and a Bit of Drooling Over Tiny Things



I added five more rows to my collection this week. The biggest challenge might not be getting where the quilt shops are -- it's getting there while the quilt shops are open! Luckily the shop in Bandon was open on Sunday. Sadly, the one in Coos Bay wasn't. But that's okay. I got a pattern I didn't expect to get, and it's a pretty cute one. 

And I got to stop at the dollhouse shop in Lincoln City. Their inventory had changed a lot in the two years since my first visit, but I had fun browsing. See the second dollhouse from the right on the top shelf? That's the same kit as my dollhouse was made from. 


I'm absolutely fascinated by these itty-bitty dollhouse kits, but I know my fingers are too clumsy to tackle one. (And I know where a youtube tutorial for a much simpler one is so I can build my skills a bit for spending serious money on something I'm pretty sure I can't do.)


Weekly Stash Report

Three quilt shops and the dollhouse store with not a single thing added to my stash or collections. I was good this week!

Fabric used this week: 0 yards
Fabric used year to date: 5 1/2 yards
Fabric added this week: 0 yards
Fabric added year to date: 13 1/4 yards (+2 sheets)
Net added for 2016: 7 3/4 yards

Yarn used this Week: 0 yards
Yarn used year to Date: 4050 yards
Yarn added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn added Year to Date: 5526 yards
Net added for 2016: 1476 yards

This post is linked to Patchwork Times.

3 comments:

Libby in TN said...

I took a couple friends to a shop this week. As I was leaving (with my plate, BTW) I said "How come you're open when the sign says you close at noon on Saturday?" The clerk said, "Because it's Tuesday." Apparently I only shop for fabric on weekends!

Amanda Best said...

I love doll houses, too. I have built 3 of them two with my mom, and one with a spooky Halloween theme with my little brother. I still have an un-started kit that is a large 3 story farmhouse, I really want to make it, but I don't have anywhere to put it.

Anonymous said...

There's a whole amazing world of dollhouse blogs and sites out there. I stumbled across it one day and was absorbed for hours with what people make that is absolutely amazing! So have you done any rows yet? I have a bunch but haven't made one yet!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails