Thursday, June 23, 2016

Red Crosses



I've been wanting to make a Red Cross quilt since I read World War I Quilts a couple of years back. They're just so pretty.  Red 1 1/2" strips swiped from another project, some white muslin from my rapidly dwindling bolt, a couple of evenings, and I've got a cute little doll quilt to show for my efforts.

No pattern, just an idea from a vintage quilt I saw somewhere online -- 3" cross blocks (which are really just nine patches) and plain squares in between. Easy as could be. If I was doing it again, I'd make sure that all of the solid bars were crossing in the same direction, but one I saw what I'd done I wasn't excited enough to take the top apart and reassemble it.





This post is linked to Finish it Up Friday.  

2 comments:

Marla aka YaYa said...

Very nice. Red and white is so crisp.

Carie @ Space for the Butterflies said...

Simple but beautiful - what a gorgeous finish!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails