Sunday, May 08, 2016

Bolt to Blocks

When Hubby was getting new work boots and I was waiting in the car because shopping for steel toe boots at the boot store is one of the least exciting expeditions I can imagine, I saw a sign down the street for what looked like a quilt shop. We were headed for dinner after the boot shopping was done, so I told myself I should go back later and check it out.

That was a while back. I finally made it in to Bolts to Blocks and I will definitely be back. They had Legendary by Elizabeth Hartman hanging in the front window. With my boys, I've been wanting that pattern since I first saw it. (And as if the pattern wasn't cool enough as written, Cheryl from Dining Room Empire has made the sasquatch block life size!)


The shop is so full of  gorgeous patterns that I was too dazzled by them to even notice the fabric. I also bought Paper Trail because it was love at first sight with that one. I think I'd rather make mine with embroidery or pieced letters instead of the applique, and I'm not sure what I want it to say. But I know I want to make that quilt!

Weekly Stash Report

Fabric used this week: 0 yards
Fabric used year to date: 4 3/4 yards
Fabric added this week:  0 yards
Fabric added year  to date: 11 yards (+2 sheets)
Net used for 2016: 6 1/4 yards

Yarn used this Week: 0  yards
Yarn used year to Date: 2750 yards
Yarn added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn added Year to Date: 150 yards
Net used for 2016: 2600 yards

This post is linked to Patchwork Times.

1 comment:

Kate said...

How fun! Love both those patterns.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails