It's the end of April and I've only bought one yard so far this year. And that piece was sort of an accident. I've been telling myself that I was doing this so I could splurge without guilt when the guild had their fabric sale. The sale was on Saturday and I came home without any fabric. There wasn't anything more exciting than what I've already got here.
What I did come home with were three new sets of Q-Snaps. The clamps on the one I've been using seems to get a little creakier every time I re-position my fabric. (Which kind of makes sense since it's something like fifteen years old and I've used it on just about every embroidery project I've posted here.)
I don't know if the ones I bought are any newer than the ones I already had, but the price was right and if one of my creaky pieces snaps, I'll have replacement parts.
The funny thing is that I had a set in my hands at the thrift shop a couple of weeks ago and put them back because the price seemed a little steep. Even though it was a lot cheaper than a new set would have been and I'd never stumbled across a used set before. Now I've got three sets for less than that one set would have cost me. (Three and a half sets, actually, because one has six bars.)
Weekly Stash Report
Fabric used this week: 0 yards
Fabric used year to date: 4 3/4 yards
Fabric added this week: 0
Fabric added year to date: 1 yard (+2 sheets)
Net used for 2016: 3 3/4 yards
Yarn used this Week: 0 yards
Yarn used year to Date: 2750 yards
Yarn added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn added Year to Date: 150 yards
Net used for 2016: 2600 yards
This post is linked to Patchwork Times.