Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Reading and Knitting and Waiting...

This might not be the best project  for a knitter who hates seaming and weaving in ends as much as I do, but it's using up a ton of very old acrylic and I think the boys will be happy with the results. It's also easy and I'm telling myself that I should rest my hands and nerves a bit before plunging into Sock Madness round two. 


The Skeleton Garden by Marty Wingate is full of everything I love about the Potting Shed  mystery series. Pru is working at a nineteenth century estate with her newly-discovered brother. The two of them don't always agree on gardening techniques, but she's glad for the opportunity to build a relationship with Simon. Working together to dig a pit and find out what it was about the soil that kept a tree from thriving, they discover the buried remains of a World War II German fighter plane...and a human skeleton. The seventy-year-old murder combines with current day events to make a mystery that kept me guessing. The chemistry between Pru and her new husband is wonderful. I can't wait for the next book in the series to come out this summer.


Disclosure - The publisher provided me with an ARC. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The book sounds interesting! I hate weaving in ends of anything, so best of luck to you.

Judy S. said...

Do you have a secret method for weaving in those hateful ends? Sounds like an interesting book!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails