I'm not showing any pictures of the sewing room yet. I've stolen a few more hours to dig through bags and boxes and while the mess doesn't look much prettier, I'm making progress!
I've cut the list of things I'm looking for in half. Those Workbasket transfers haven't made an appearance yet, but I've found other things. And half of what I was looking for? That's pretty darn good!
There are plenty of things that I wasn't looking for but was glad to see --
The light squares of Nancy Drew fabric that wouldn't work for the big quilt were waiting in a pretty and completely forgotten stack. I can think of a few ways to incorporate them into a baby quilt.
I found a whole paper grocery sack of Christmas prints just perfect to be ugly sweater blocks.
A shoebox of fabrics I'd collected for a diffrent project is exactly what I need to make a quilted tote that I've had dancing in the back of my imagination all week.
There were two masking taped bundles of vintage pillowcases that I'm sure must have come from Grandma...and I've never seen them before. My best guess is that they were buried in a box of left over estate sale sheets that I never went entirely through. More than once, those boxes went straight up to the sewing room.
And that's why I'm doing this. I've got to figure out what I've got and get it into some kind of order.
Weekly Stash Report
Fabric used this week: 0 yards
Fabric used year to date: 4 1/2 yards
Fabric added this week: 0
Fabric added year to date: 1 yard (+2 sheets)
Net used for 2016: 3 1/2 yards
Yarn used this Week: 400 yards
Yarn used year to Date: 1550 yards
Yarn added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn added Year to Date: 0 yards
Net used for 2016: 1550 yards
This post is linked to Patchwork Times.