Saturday, February 13, 2016

Learning to Love Redwork


This project is giving me a whole new appreciation for traditional redwork. It's just so pretty! And easy, since there aren't a lot of decisions to make about colors combinations.


I like some squares more than others. The apron is adorable and the sewing machine is just okay and the little dress is somewhere in between. But once I get them all stitched and put together with the pieced blocks, it's all going to be wonderful.


I'm still saving little ends of embroidery thread for the Totally Useless Stitch Along. There's a lot more in my little measuring cup than I had in last months' post, most of it red.


6 comments:

Deb said...

Love your redword embroideries, the apron is my favorite so far.

Jill said...

These are so cute!

Quilter Kathy said...

These are adorable little blocks to enjoy!
I totally forgot about the TUSA! I used to participate and it's fun!

ANGIE said...

Hi Michelle, these are so lovely redworks! And your ORTs are so pretty! Happy stitching!

CathieJ said...

Those blocks are very pretty, but I have to agree that the apron is the best. Enjoy your stitching.

Anikó said...

Beautiful! I love the little dress on the hanger!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails