Sunday, September 27, 2015

There's a Lot Going on Here

I'm still commuting to the-job-that-isn't-mine four days a week. The cat is still healing from her surgery and is getting harder and harder to contain. She wants back outside and is determined to get there by any means possible. We've already recaptured her several times, but the better she feels the faster she gets. I'll be so glad when she gets that lampshade collar off! She'll still be stuck in the house, but the stakes won't be quite so high.

I've started the sock knitting project. The first post is here, and in yesterday's post we started off by swatching to make sure that we like our combinations of yarn and needles. Next Saturday, we'll start the toes.

And I've been sharing pictures of the quilts that my ancestors made. The newest ones were made by my great-grandma, and we've got some from her mother and sister. They're the quilts that formed my definition of what a quilt is, although that's evolved a bit since I started quilting. It's interesting that they're not the old fashioned patterns I want to make myself. I like more itty bitty pieces. And I'm not hand piecing. Maybe that makes a difference!

I've got a favor to ask. Did anyone used to own an iphone 4? While I was on my way to pick up Teenage Daughter from work a couple of nights ago, my charging cord vanished. It was plugged into the phone, then I unplugged the phone to take it into the grocery store, and when I got where I was going, the cord was gone without a trace. I've searched the car and my purse and checked the lost and found at the grocery store with no luck. The after market cord I bought (because nothing else in our house uses a 30 pin cord) will charge the phone, but the phone throws a fit if I try to hook it up to the laptop. If anyone has a charging cord that's outlived  their phone, I would love to take it off your hands.

Weekly Stash Report 

I actually finished a quilt and used up some fabric this week!  

Fabric used this week: 1 1/2 yards
Fabric used year to date: 6 1/4 yards
Added this week: 0
Added year to date: 46 1/4
Net added for 2015: 40 yards

Yarn Used this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 6800 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 9539 yards
Net Added for 2015: 2739 yards

This post is linked to Patchwork Times.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Unfortunately the only iphone 4 we have is DT's and it's still her pirmary phone. Hope you can find another cord.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails