Thursday, July 02, 2015

Lipstick Holders & Old Clothes

Ever since I posted about that monogrammed thing of Grandma's that I'm sure isn't a lipstick holder, I've had lipstick holders on the brain. You just don't see them that often any more. Unless you go to the estate sale we were at last weekend. 

Then you see five of them. 


All five lipstick holders and the vanity tray for three bucks. The mirror has a crack, but for fifty cents we happily took it. They went to Teenage Daughter, who actually wear lipstick. If she gets bored with them (which I'm not expecting), I've got dibs.

The other interesting find of the day, which did not come home with us, was this --


I've never seen anything like it. It was hanging in a closet and Teenage Daughter pointed it out because of that lace collar, but upon closer examination, it got even odder. That fabric collar is heavily stuffed with something and reminds me of the fabric wrapped clothesline bowls people make. It's got leg of mutton sleeves and lots of boning. And it was so tiny. And old. And stained.


I think it's all hand-stitched, but when I was trying to get a good look at the seams a bug crawled out of the lining and I beat a quick retreat for the car.

This post is linked to Ivy and Elephants, Share Your Cup, Thrifter Share

3 comments:

Laura said...

WHAT WAS IT?!? I'm intrigued!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Fun finds for teenage daughter! For years I had a mirrored tray with little perfume bottles on it. My son ran across it at our old home and I gave it to one of my teenage granddaughters. Wish I knew what that was, but I would have made a mad dash after the bug crawled out as well! lol! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Patty said...

I'm thinking a victorian bedjacket.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails