Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Le Manoir du Diable




Originally, I was going to use a solid grey yarn for these socks (the pattern is Le Manoir du Diable ) but then I remembered how well that Patons Stretch showed off the texture on my Fischernetze socks and decided to use up some more of that yarn. I followed my own advice and searched Ravelry for projects using the same yarn.

The yarn is too dark to show off the neat details of the cuff. But with the cuff done, the rest of the sock is just ribbing...and I'm having fun knitting it...and I hate turning back mid-project. So I guess I'll keep going.




It was quite a weekend for Sarah Winston. Her latest project, the largest garage sale in New England, was a big success, but she's more concerned with the mysterious fires, a stolen painting, and the body found in her friend's art studio. The Longest Yard Sale is the second garage sale mystery by Sherry Harris. There was a little more about garage sales and thrift stores in this than in the first book and a little less about life on and around a military base. The mystery was interesting, but what really had me guessing was how Sarah could fit so many pieces of furniture in the back of her Suburban!

From the description, Little Girls by Ronald Malfi sounded like a book I'd enjoy. After her father's death, Laurie returns to her childhood home with her husband and ten-year-old daughter, planning to get his affairs in order and return home as soon as possible. The old house is creepy and the maid and her brother are even creepier. I halfway expected the two of them to lock Laurie and her family in when they left for the night. It took time for the plot to get moving and, once things did start to happen it was a little much for me. I love horror novels and I read lots of them, but this... I can't explain exactly what it was, but the book gave me a bad feeling.  There were a couple of twists I didn't see coming, but the book has a whole lot of familiar elements, including the girl next door who is identical to Laurie's evil childhood playmate, who fell to her death through the roof of the family greenhouse.


For more pretty knitting projects to drool over, check out On the Needles at Patchwork Times.

  Disclosure - The publishers provided me with ARCs.


1 comment:

Lucy Bowen said...

I think they look great - the pattern doesn't show up much on my screen, but I'm sure irl and when finished it will show up a treat.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails