Sunday, July 19, 2015

Decisions, Decisions

Do I start assembling the lozenge units I've already made into blocks so I can get a better idea what the finished quilt will look like? Or use the pieces I've got cut to make more lozenges? Or cut more fabric? 


I think there's enough already cut to make the 60x60ish quilt I'm aiming for, but I've found more lights and darks in my stash since then. And I can't find the shoebox with the rest of my pieced units in it, so I'm not even sure how many lozenges I've got done at this point.

But I've got fifty-some more than I had last week. That's progress, no matter what I decide about the rest of it.

This post is linked to Patchwork Times and Jo's Country Junction.

5 comments:

KaHolly said...

Oh, my goodness, you've been busy! Glad I'm not the only one who loses track of things! Your finished quilt is going to be beautiful!

Nann said...

My design process is like yours, if that's any consolation. I make a bunch of units or blocks and want to see what they look like. My solution is to "make one more," which usually turns into five or six or ten more. (Sometimes the solution works better than at other times!)

tara said...

I just started this quilt pattern. I look forward to seeing your progress

Bonnie said...

I predict a quilt top in your future. I've been controlling my "starts" so haven't done many of the yearly challenges Bonnie Hunter starts. When I get two big quilts done I might treat myself to a new project. Keep plugging away on this. Hope you find the missing ones... they are probably lonely!

Shannon said...

50 more, wow that is wonderful. Great job on moving that quilt along.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails