Sunday, July 05, 2015

Because I'm Not Gonna Quit Knitting Socks...


Knitpicks is having their Summer Yarn Sale. I was good.  I browsed through my Ravelry queue and thought about what I wanted to make. I dug through the sock yarn I have on hand. I went to the site and chose pretty yarns that I think I'll use in the near future to make what I want to make, then I went through my shopping cart and pared my list down to the cheapest options.

Because if I can make a pair of gorgeous socks with yummy yarn for $6.49, that seems like a pretty good plan to me. That's cheaper than the box store sock yarns I can buy locally and the yarn is nicer.

Of course as soon as I placed my order, they sent me an email advertising this sock kit.  Because they always show you the most tempting stuff right after you place an order. I could've resisted the yarn, but that book would've been in my order if I'd seen it fifteen minutes earlier.

And there's fabric from one of my readers who kindly offered Alex a sewing machine after seeing the post with her dress.  I haven't had time to do more than pet it and drool and plan in my head what might be winding up in which projects. Details about the fabric and machine will have to wait for a later post. (Thank you so much, Joyce! I'm still giddy over all of this and it couldn't have happened at a better time.)



Weekly Stash Report 

Fabric Used this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 4 3/4 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 41 yards
Net Added for 2015: 36 1/4 yards

Yarn Used this Week:400 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 4800 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 3381 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 7056 yards
Net Added for 2015:   2256 yards

This post is linked to Patchwork Times.

1 comment:

Judy S. said...

I love Knitpick yarns, too. Great choices. You are going to be busy, me thinks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails