Saturday, July 18, 2015

101 Socks

I'm always looking for more sock patterns to fall in love with.




101 Socks: Circular Needles, Felted, Addi-Express, Toe Up, Crocheted, and Spiral Knit gives a knitter plenty of choices. Most of the emphasis here is on bright colors and embellishments. I think I even saw some fun fur in a couple of the designs. There are some cables and lace, but it's the colors that make these socks pop.

The writing is stiff in places and I'm not sure of the author's claim that "Mostly, socks are worked from the cuff to the tip of the toe."  There are three heels and a couple of different toe options, but if you're after advanced techniques when it comes to your sock anatomy, this might not be the book for you. It does cover some material I haven't come across before -- including crochet and using an Addi-Express knitting machine to make socks.

I'd suggest leafing through this one to see how many of the patterns strike your fancy.

Disclosure - The publisher provided me with an ARC.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails