Sunday, June 14, 2015

Quality Time With My Boys

The boys and I watched Sharknado 2 on Netflix Friday night. They watched. I listened and halfway watched and worked on other things. It was a lot better than the first one -- except there's a song and now it's stuck in my head. As for the boys, they're eagerly waiting for Sharknado 3, which comes out in July.

I think my favorite part of the movie might be the Parents Guide from IMDB, which included important details like -- "A shark slides down flooding hospital stairs, it then slides out the door and is run over by an ambulance." I'm so glad they warned me about that! (I love those parental guides and use them often, but I probably didn't need a detailed description of every last shark bite.)

With some time to kill on Saturday, we visited three quilt shops and a yarn shop -- and a magic shop that sold straight jackets. (No, we didn't buy one!)  I didn't see anything that needed to come home with me, but the two youngest boys had an interesting conversation with the gal at the yarn shop.

She told them that knitting is a series of repeating patterns, just like computer programming, so it would be a good thing to learn. Quinn responded by telling her that he thought it would be better to raise possums and milk them to make cheese (I have NO idea.)  Without missing a beat, the yarn shop gal told him it would be better to shave them and make yarn...  Have I mentioned how rarely I  take the boys into actual yarn and quilt shops with me?

Weekly Stash Report 

Fabric Used this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 4 3/4 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 41 yards
Net Added for 2015: 36 1/4 yards

Yarn Used this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 3600 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 3675 yards
Net Added for 2015:   75 yards

This post is linked to Patchwork Times.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Do you have interesting conversations in the car with the boys? We discuss a verbal topics in the 5 minute drive to school/daycare. I'm never sure what prompts some of the subjects?!

Kate said...

Sounds like your boys think outside the box and it's never dull.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails