Sunday, May 24, 2015

Weekly Stash Report

My sewing machine has been whirring non-stop for days. Lots of seams are getting sewn and lots of fabric is being used up, but it's not by me. It is my fabric, though...do I get some kind of partial credit for that? Teenage Daughter is making costumes and is thinking that she needs a ruffle foot for the sewing machine.

Have any of you used one? Would it be worth the investment? (There might be one for Great-Grandma's treadle, which might fit my Featherweight.... What kind of learning curve am I looking at?


As I type this, my blood levels are good enough that I've given myself my last shot. Please cross your fingers for me that that they stay in the right range so I don't have to go through that again! (And that I don't drop a carving knife on my foot like I did the last time I was on blood thinners! There wasn't much blood, but that incident still haunts me.)

Weekly Stash Report 

Fabric Used this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 2 1/2 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 41 yards
Net Added for 2015: 38 1/2 yards

Yarn Used this Week: 400 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 3200 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 3675 yards
Net Added for 2015:  475 yards

This post is linked to Patchwork Times.

4 comments:

colleen said...

If your grandmas treadle is a Singer short shank then then the attachments will fit your Singer 221 (there is an exception back attaching Singer 66 short shank will not work)
Those work very well and are fun to use sew slowly and it's faster than gathering 2or 3 threads

Kalicocreations said...

If the fabric is coming out of my stash, you can bet that I count the fabric out because I will have to count it in if I need to replace it :-)
Terry

Kate said...

Fabric out is fabric out, so way to go to teenage daughter for helping you make room to refresh your stash.

Anonymous said...

I bought my first machine at an estate sale and it had a whole box of attachments, one a ruffle foot. I used the heck out of it making curtains over the years.
The only variable is setting it for the degree of gathering you want and knowing how long to cut the ruffle strips. You can verify thru a test sample.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails