Thursday, May 14, 2015

Blogger's Quilt Festival -- Little Letters

AmysCreativeSide.com

It's time for the Blogger's Quilt Festival. I'd hoped to have the nail polish quilt done but life has been keeping me too busy to get it pin basted and quilted.  So I went looking through my projects for something else I wanted to show off. 


Little Letters (free pattern from Temecula Quilt Company) was just the challenge I needed last year. The blocks are fun and fiddly, without being too overwhelming. And I'd been wanting an alphabet sampler quilt.

I decided that mine needed a pieced border, something that would make the finished quilt feel more like a stitched sampler... (And isn't it cool that this one is dated and I can tell when I made that project instead of trying to figure it out from old blog posts like I usually wind up doing?) 


Honestly, I think my favorite part of this tutorial series was the pictures of stencils and apples and rulers. The letters look nothing at all like those stencils, but I still think of them every time I look at this quilt.

4 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

keep truckin!!! I haven't even starte my nail polish quilt yet...planned to have it for this summer. good luck!!!!

Wendy said...

Great quilt! I don't think I've seen an alphabet sampler quilt before

Sarah Goer Quilts said...

I like your border. It's a great free pattern. I have two sets of letters done (brights and blues/greens) but they unfortunately got set aside before I finished the quilts. Cynthia at Quilting is more fun than Housework made three versions and did some interesting things to set her blocks.

kshackabq said...

Love your border and the sampler look. My Temecula little letters are in brights. They are all made and my layout is done--but had to put them aside before getting them sewn together. So it's very fun to see another one finished! Good job!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails