Sunday, May 10, 2015

A Trip to the Quilt Shop - Grandma's Attic

I haven't been spending much time in quilt shops lately, but we were already in Dallas and I knew that Grandma's Attic carries a lot of redwork....

Before we even got into the store, my mind had gone from embroidery to applique. Look at that washtub! And the stove! 


Three spinning racks full of Aunt Martha's hot iron transfers. No mermaids, not that I'm looking anymore, but it's a hard habit to break. But I did find a couple that I hadn't seen before.


Parakeets! And a  coockoo clock! But there's also that phone....and the mirror.... I need these in the Garden Party quilt.



I wound up getting two sets of Aunt Martha's transfers, the pattern for the Sunbonnet Sue quilt, and some other embroidery patterns with fantastic vintage appliances. I'm loving that television set and vacuum cleaner. Those will get their own quilt.


Weekly Stash Report 

Fabric Used this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 0 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 41 yards
Net Added for 2015: 38 1/2 yards

Yarn Used this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 2800 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 3675 yards
Net Added for 2015:  875 yards

This post is linked to Patchwork Times.

3 comments:

Laura said...

I think you could come up with your own mermaid using one of the transfers you have as a guide for the head and come up with the tail on your own. A lot of work, but you could do it!

Kate said...

Looks like you've got some fun embroidery projects in the wings!

Judy S. said...

Looks like your store had an amazing selection! Love that SBS quilt!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails