Thursday, December 04, 2014

Meet Gordon!



This baby quilt started out as an unfinished quilt from a yard sale, the same one where I bought the quilt we haul down to the river and spread on the rocks. The frog print was really cute and it was only a quarter and it looked like it would be a great start to a baby quilt... 


I probably should have looked a little closer. Those weren't solid strips of the novelty print. Instead, it was cut into six inch squares and pieced into strips. With a decorative zig zag stitch.

Why would anyone do that?  I wonder if she didn't know the settings on her sewing machine, or if that odd serpentine zig zag was a deliberate choice.

I cut it back into squares and did what I could with the frog print and the navy blue print and the bit of blue sheet that was left over from Teenage Daughter's latest dressmaking project.  It's not what I was picturing in my head, but it'll do.




2 comments:

Dogwood Lane Rambles said...

The froggies have been rescued and revived! Perhaps this was a practice piece and that's why it ended up discarded? In any case you have saved it from the blender!

Cheryl said...

I like how you took your find and turned it into something of your own. I like it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails