Look what I made! It's for the dollhouse. I probably should have put a quarter or something there for scale to make it more obvious, but I was too busy figuring out how to position it in a box so that I could get a picture of my nifty little table without everything else I'm working on in the way.
My first attempt at furniture went badly, for a lot of different reasons. I'm much happier with this one, but all I did was stain (sort of) the precut pieces and glue them together.
While Hubby was recovering his surgery last spring, I spent a lot of time browsing Pinterest and a bunch of different miniature blogs. I kept coming across references to House of Miniatures kits and how wonderful they were and how people kept finding them for dirt cheap. I found a bunch of affordable ones in an ad on Craigslist, but they were too far from home to seriously consider.
Then, a couple of weeks ago, I found another ad for an antique mall that had (according to the ad) lots of dollhouse kits and furniture. Teenage Daughter was invited to a sleepover in that neck of the woods, so we made a detour and got lost and I found out that "antique mall" really meant dusty storefront where you have to squeeze in between industrial shelving and dig through plastic bins.
But looks what I got, for close enough to dirt cheap. I would up paying around three bucks a kit.
The little table was easy enough, but these may be over my head. Look at those working drawers and hinges and all of the little details!
My hope is that if I can manage these with their precut pieces, I'll have the gluing and finishing part figured out and better luck next time I try making furniture from scratch.