Thursday, September 25, 2014

I've been meaning to go back to the furniture store where I took the pictures for my Nancy Drew quilt. They'll be putting up Christmas decorations soon, so it was either this week or wait until after the first of the year. They've added so much stuff. I can't believe I got the original pictures without any new furniture in the background.

There's the porch I used for the quilt photos...and the double-decker bus...


I don't remember this truck piled high with  junk. I'm almost sure it wasn't there before -- and now there are two of them. Teenage Son counted eighteen trucks in the building. And there are probably half a dozen airplanes.



Look at this little kitchen set. Doesn't that just make you want to play house?


Something about this arrangement makes me want to rescue these things, even though I know they're safe from harm and not really bound for the dump. Can you see the quilt just poking out from under the braided rug?


The Model T is in the middle of a pond with water gushing up out of the radiator.


This place is just as much fun as an antique store -- with no temptation to buy anything! I guess I'm supposed to be tempted by the new furniture, but who has eyes for that with so much neat stuff to take in.

This post is linked to Vintage Thingie Thursday, Thriftasaurus, Share Your Cup, Ivy and Elephants, We Call it Olde, Savvy Southern Style, Thrifter Maker Fixer, Coastal Charm, Thrifty Life Thursday

4 comments:

Terri said...

That is the most unusual new furniture store I've ever seen. What a delightful antique store. I didn't see the quilt, but I did enjoy the post.
Hugs

Sarah ~ Magnolias Attic said...

What a neat place! It looks as if you could walk around for hours and not see all the hidden goodies! Airplanes, truck and a bus! My my my!

JoKnows said...

Wow, that is very unique! Thanks for linking up at Vintage Bliss Tuesdays. Jo

Revi said...

Love those chippy whites...Thanks for sharing this week at Revisionary Life Thrifty Life Thursday!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails