Sunday, September 14, 2014

Cutting up Scraps

My husband went back to work this week and I got to work myself, sorting scraps and ironing and cutting and planning...


My fabric stash is an absolute disaster. I've been too stressed to remember where I put things, or what I was working on before life turned into such a crazy mess. So I picked a project -- Bonnie Hunter's Lozenges -- and started pulling fabrics.

I cut a 2 1/2" strip and a 1 1/2" strip and set them in the Lozenge quilt pile. If the fabric is the right shade of brown, I cut another strip for Chocolate Covered Cherries. If the print is right and the piece is big enough, I cut a piece for the newest baby quilt. Depending on whether or not the colors are right, I might cut enough pieces for a couple of Cheddar Bowties or a strip for Scrappy Little Trips.

Before too long, I'll have plenty of stuff to sew while I figure out where I tucked all of my UFOs.

Weekly Stash Report

Fabric Used this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 17 1/2 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 48 yards
Net Added for 2014: 30 1/2 yards

Yarn Used this Week:  0 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 5475 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 2610 yards
Net Used for 2014: 2865 yards

I'm linking up to Patchwork Times.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Sounds like you've been able to find some fun stress relief. Hope this week is much less crazier.

Lcrrkhs said...

Just ease yourself back into it. It has been a stressful time in your house, but it sounds like you guys are seeing your way through it.

DeeDee said...

Michelle, thrilled that your husband is able to go back to work, it was a long process to get him to this point. You did a great job helping him. Enjoy your quilting time.

Bonnie said...

So glad your husband was able to go back to work. Now maybe your life will get back to "normal", whatever that is.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails