Sunday, September 21, 2014

A Little Bit of Carefully Considered Shopping



I bought fabric this week. Craft Warehouse was having a truckload sale and I was able to find the medium pink I need for a baby quilt tutorial I've got planned...actually two different choices for the pink. The one I don't use for the front may wind up as the back. I also found the perfect blue for another quilt, if there's enough of it.  I've got my fingers tightly crossed, but I'm pretty sure I'm deluding myself. I was sure there was a little over a yard. At the cutting counter, it measured as 3/4 yard. By my ruler at home, it measures thirty inches.

Oh, and there's sock yarn. I've finished a dozen socks so far this year, all from stash. So I don't feel at all guilty about picking up a color way that I've been drawn to for months, in a brand that I know I love knitting with. (it also doesn't hurt that I had coupons!)

Weekly Stash Report 

Fabric Used this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 17 1/2 yards
Added this Week: 5 3/4 yards
Added Year to Date: 53 3/4 yards
Net Added for 2014: 36 1/4 yards

Yarn Used this Week:  400 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 5875 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 400 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 3010 yards
Net Used for 2014: 2865 yards

I'm linking up to Patchwork Times.

3 comments:

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

I love the yarn color. Those will be some great sock! I hope you have enough fabric for your project. It looks like you are going to be busy!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I try to use what I have for my little projects but it sure is nice to find what you need during a big sale! You did good!

Scooquilt said...

They look like good purchases to me! Hard to use fabric without buying some. Have a great week.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails