Sunday, October 06, 2013

This looked like it would work...

I was on a search through my stash for perfect sock-knitting-in-the-car yarn. I've got tons of sock yarn, but the solid stuff is set aside for socks with fancy lace or cables. Some of the rest is too splitty to knit without looking down at my hands. Some is a similar color to those socks I knit last month...

I had multiple coupons from Joann's, so I thought I'd stop in and pick up two skeins of Kroy Socks FX, which I'd seen online when I was trying to match those single skeins. Not good for car knitting, but having two coupons that I could use at the same time on the same day I was in town with a few hours to fill while Teenage Daughter tested for her latest karate belt felt like a sign.



I wound up getting two skeins of Ragg Shades (not the same thing as FX, but I was distracted by the pretty color) and a skein of Sock-Ease (again, distracted by the pretty color -- and I had a third coupon) and two skeins of Serenity Sock Weight. Those were for car knitting. Between the coupons and the sale price for the other two skeins, it was a fun splurge that didn't cost much.

Weekly Stash Report

Fabric Used this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 62 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 233 1/4 yards
Net Added for 2013: 174 3/4 yards

Yarn Used this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 2950 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 1100 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 10600 yards
Net Added for 2013: 7650 yards

I'm linking up to Patchwork Times.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Ooh, pretty. I like the purple, though the orange will make some really nice and bright socks!

Regina said...

this is dangerous reading - I have never made a pair of socks -heck I can't get past knitting large rectangles, but I WANT these colors of yarn...

Jessica Hadden said...

Love to cash in on JoAnn coupons!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails