Friday, October 25, 2013

Jo and Nell's Bonnie Challenge

Have you seen Jo and Nell's Bonnie Challenge? Before I was even finished reading Jo's post, I wanted to pull out my Texas Braid and start sewing away on it. There's just one thing holding me back -- that project has been missing for months.

I do have my big bag of cheddar bow ties, and I've counted them twice. I've got 228 bow ties finished, which means I need 172 more. Six or seven a day, which is totally do-able and I'll have enough to piece assemble the top.


It's not the piecing that's going to be a challenge, it's pulling scraps that I haven't already used in this project to cut more pieces from. I've got a hundred or so different fabrics here and I've totally lost track of what's in the quilt already.

And then I've got to cut more pieces for the border, which wasn't part of the original plan. As soon as I caught a glimpse of the border that Bonnie had added to her quilt, I knew I wanted one too.

This post is linked to Design Wall Monday over at Patchwork Times.

5 comments:

Mary said...

My Bow Tie Project isn't finished yet either. I did mine in 9's like Bonnie and need to finish sashing them.

Anonymous said...

I wasn't going to do Jo's challenge then saw your bow ties. It reminded me that my spools just need borders - and I have the fabric. So,I'm in. Thanks for the inspiration.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Thanks for posting this--I have several Bonnie quilts on my to do list--maybe this challenge will motivate me to get started! Love the cheddar bow ties!


Laura said...

Hi! I found you from Jo's blog. I'm also working on cheddar bowties, never made it to the spools or shaded 9 patches, lol. Thanks for posting the link to Bonnie's border. I had forgotten about it and definitely want to add it, too. :-) Laura

Pokey said...

6 or 7 a day, huh? Good for you, keeping it positive will help you reach that goal!
:-}pokey

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails