Sunday, October 13, 2013

A Ghastlie Web

I try not to spend too much time in quilt shops, especially not near the Halloween fabric. Some of it is just way too tempting. Like that skeleton toile I bought last year.  I really do try to use what I've got. When I saw the pattern for Crooners in the September/October 2013 issue of Love of Quilting, I knew I'd want something special for the night sky. 


One of these prints from the new Connecting Threads Halloween collection should work, right? But I had some extra time to kill up in Salem this week and there was a parking space in front of Greenbaums, so I thought I'd check just in case they had the fabric from the magazine. It doesn't show up in this picture, but it's spidery tree limbs with little owls with flowing yellow eyes and it would totally justify a splurge. 

They didn't have that fabric, but they did have a bolt of A Ghastlie Web by Alexander Henry. There was no way I was going home without a yard of that. I've got plans for it. 



Weekly Stash Report

Fabric Used this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 62 yards
Added this Week: 1 yards
Added Year to Date: 234 1/4 yards
Net Added for 2013: 175 3/4 yards

Yarn Used this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 2950 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 10600 yards
Net Added for 2013: 7650 yards

I'm linking up to Patchwork Times and Finding Fifth.

5 comments:

Kate said...

Love the Ghastlie Web fabric.

Vic in NH said...

What fun fabrics for Halloween! Thanks for sharing them here.

Anonymous said...

great fabric! Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Jessica Hadden said...

Love Alexander Henry, its all so irrestible!

Nancy said...

Oh I love Greenbaums, they generally have a very nice selection of fabric. My husband took his first quilting class from them when he started making quilts with me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails