Thursday, July 25, 2013

Will work for vintage Pyrex!

When I was helping a friend move a few weeks ago, she decided that she had too many bowls and needed to get rid of a bunch -- including this stack of gorgeous old Pyrex beauties.
 
They live with me now, and I absolutely adore them.
 
 

I don't share her problem off too many bowls, which seems odd since she's got a slightly larger family and does a lot more cooking than I do. Maybe it's because at any given time I've got a few sitting on the table with fabric scraps sorted into them?

This post is linked to Time Travel ThursdayTreasure Hunt ThursdayVintage Thingie Thursday, and Ivy and Elephants.

12 comments:

Denise :) said...

I *love* these!! My mom has a set she's had since before I was born -- green, blue, red, yellow and one other (I can't remember). I always love using them when I'm "back home"! :)

Tammy said...

What a fabulous friend to give you all of those. Absolutely gorgeous

Carol Swift said...

I got a set of them as a wedding present (yes, I'm vintage), but they're all gone now. I found a couple at an antique store and bought them. They are so cool!

http://thankfullga447 said...

I love my pyrex bowels, they are very special to me.

ipatchandquilt said...

Wow, i know what it feels like to want more bowls, esspecially if they look like these. I got a whole collection of Fire King, but would not say no to Pyrex! ;-)
Esther
esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I received a set of pyrex bowls when I got married a bazillion years ago. Hated that everyone else had the same pattern. Now I get so tickled when I am at a flea market, garage sale, estate sale or perusing e-bay to see how much they want to sell them for. They are "hot" right now.

Adventurous Quilter said...

The colors are wonderful!

LV said...

Lucky you. Pyr3ex is the going thing now and very pricey.

Anonymous said...

I found two Pyrex bowls at a thrift store earlier this year and did a happy dance. Those bowls are gorgeous - a totally great bonus for helping a friend out :-)

Denise @ secondtimearoundfinds said...

I wish I had a friend like that you are lucky I find it hard to find pink Pyrex in my area.
Denise

Coloradolady said...

How fantastic you got these beauties~ I always look for pyrex when I am out and about~~ Happy VTT

Stacey Johnson said...

Wow! You seriously scored!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails