Sunday, July 07, 2013

the big fish shirt

I bought a shirt last weekend at that estate sale that left me at a loss for words. It was the fish print that caught my attention, then the exposed Columbia Sportswear tag. I picked it up because I thought a family member might like it.
 
 
Then I saw the size -- 5X -- and I knew it was going to be the focus fabric for a quilt. Here it is, modled by Teenage Son. There's a lot of neat fish print here!


Weekly Stash Report

Fabric Used this Week: 2 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 46 3/4 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 228 1/4 yards
Net Added for 2013: 181 1/2 yards


Yarn Used this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 2050 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 8700 yards
Net Added for 2013: 6650 yards

To see more weekly stash reports, click over to Patchwork Times. And to see more fabric, visit Sunday Stash at Finding Fifth.

5 comments:

sue said...

I love it! It will be fun to see what it ends up to be!

Kate said...

That is a lot of shirt!

Tammy said...

Oh that is really cool fish fabric. And to think if you could actually find a print like tha tto buy it would cost way so much more than wha tyou had paid. Great find. Great deal. Great reuse, repurpose...And a great deal of fabric from 1 shirt.

krislovesfabric said...

That does look like a fun focus fabric, love the fish and the text!

Gemma@prettybobbins said...

What fun fabric! A friend of mine has I shirt that I really want to make a quilt out of lol thanks for linking up!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails