Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Meet Elizabeth!

I didn't make the blocks for this week's baby quilt, but they were passed along to me with the plan that I'd put them together into one. I wrote about my plans in this post.


If I learned anything making this project it was, maybe, that I should check the measurements when putting together someone else's blocks. They weren't the same size, but by the time I figured that out I was far enough into the layout that I decided to keep plugging ahead. The corners mostly match and, after quilting, it lays flat.

And did I mention that it's really cute? I wish I could take credit for putting this one together.

I'll be linking up to I Gotta Try That, Sew Much Ado, Finish it Up Friday, Can I get a Whoop Whoop?Get Crafting Friday, Pinworthy Projects, and Freedom Fridays. and Hooking Up With HOH.

7 comments:

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a precious quilt! I remember when I used to crochet and couldn't share blocks with my mom as our sizes were never the same. Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

Tammy said...

How pretty.What lovely pastels.

Joanie's Trendy Quilts said...

It is a darling quilt! I have been in quite a few block swaps though out the years and have had to often times add to blocks in some creative fashion to make them work in a quilt. All in the life of a creative quilter/sewist. You did a great job pulling it off!

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Oh....That is a pretty one!

noga quilts said...

This is a lovely quilt, you made a great work piecing it

Jo said...

Michelle..It turned out so cute!! I love it.

Unknown said...

aww - how sweet! Love it! Saw you over on My Turn for us and had to come over and say great job!

Would love for you to come over and link up to Super Sunday over at Who Needs a Cape! http://whoneedsacape.com/2013/08/super-sunday-link-party-9/

Hope we see you!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails