Sunday, July 28, 2013

a break from quilting

I've spent more time by the river than at my sewing machine this week, but I wound up meeting a Mom who is involved with a local birthing center that could use some baby quilts.

And I remembered to snap a picture of the carved heart that makes my own heart go pitty-pat when I see it. Not that I recommend vandalizing trees, but it looks like this has been there for a long time.


Somewhere, there's a tree with Hubby's and my initials on it. I really should talk him into going on a walk through the park with me to see if we can find it again twenty-some years later. That'd be a neat picture to have!

Weekly Stash Report

Fabric Used this Week: 4 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 50 3/4 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 229 1/4 yards
Net Added for 2013: 178 1/2 yards

Yarn Used this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 2050 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 8700 yards
Net Added for 2013: 6650 yards

For more stash reports, head over to Patchwork Times.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Sitting by the river sounds very relaxing. Love the heart in the tree.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails