Saturday, June 08, 2013

{Whatcha Reading?} Accidents Happen by Louse Millar



Kate Parker's parents were killed in a traffic accident on her wedding night. Her husband was murdered in a home invasion. Five years later, her only focus in life is keeping herself and her son safe. She endlessly plays statistics through her head, planning their daily lives to keep them both as safe as possible.

But her life is steadily unraveling. Her late husband's parents are showing more and more concern about her and her son, threatening to seek custody of him if she doesn't start living a normal life. When she meets Jago, author of a book about how to make life safer through the use of statistics, she starts to believe that she can change, that life might not be the dangerous nightmare she's convinced herself she's living in.

Accidents Happen scared me. Not the "I'm reading my Kindle in a dark room and heard a sound outside scared" -- I was afraid to keep reading and afraid to stop reading, because I was so wrapped up in the lives of Kate and her son. Honestly, I'm dying to tell you more about this one, but it's one of those books that you'll have more fun reading if you don't know where it's going. I hugely recommend this one!

This review is based on an electronic review copy provided by the publisher. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails