Sunday, March 31, 2013

weekly stash report

I got fabric for my birthday. And yarn. And fat quarters were on sale for a dollar each... It's been a very fun week.  
 

So far, I'm successfully resisting the lure of that Sasquatch sock yarn from Knitpicks. I'm trying not hard to look at the rest of  their website because they've got some neat colorways on sale. If I did order, it wouldn't get here in time for me to knit it up for the challenge. And by the time the challenge is over, I'm sure I'll be burnt out on sock knitting again... Right?

Weekly Stash Report

Fabric Used this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 30 1/4 yards
Added this Week: 40 yards
Added Year to Date: 80 1/2 yards
Net Added for 2012: 50 1/4 yards

I got a box of fabric for the baby quilts this week and my darling children seem to have hidden my scale so I guessed wildly. Since I did some wild guessing last year and the year before that, I'm sure it all works out.

I also read a post about figuring out how much fabric you use in a quilt. By her method, I've underestimated my fabric used by a LOT for the past few years. I think I'll keep my own method though, since that way I can compare this year to last year and I'm not comparing apples and oranges.

Yarn Used this Week: 120 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 350 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 300 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 4300 yards
Net Added for 2013: 3950 yards

To see more weekly stash reports, click over to Patchwork Times.

5 comments:

DeeDee said...

I really don't think you are suppose to count birthday fabric in your numbers. Just like you don't count birthday cake while on a diet. $1 fat quarters is a steal. Happy birthday. Thanks for sharing.

WyoPat said...

I usually find that I don't use as much fabric in a quilt as the pattern says will be used. I'm with you--I'll stick with my present method (which is measuring the fabric before & after or dimensions cut). Keep up the good work!

Dogwood Lane Rambles said...

Happy Birthday!

Lori said...

Quick---what method is she using--I NEED IT!!!

Sounds like it was a fun birthday--have fun with all your loot.

Crispy said...

Wonderful stuff you received for your birthday (Happy Birthday btw). Ok, I had to look, but didn't see any Sasquatch yarn....probably a good thing LOL.

Crispy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails