Thursday, March 14, 2013

eight books...



These days, you can have up to fifty items checked out on a child's library card. When I was a kid, the limit was eight. Didn't those librarians know how quickly a girl could get through eight Nancy Drew books?! At home, I had a whole shelf full of books to read, but if we were going someplace, I'd have to choose and pack carefully.

On the boat, I was probably reading Alfred Hitchcock and the Three Investigators. Does anyone else have vivid memories of reading specific books in specific places?

Be sure to check out today's other Nancy Drew blog hoppers -- Rose Prairie Quilts and Farm, Quilt ‘n Queen, Our Busy Little Bunch, Just Quilt It, Hilachas, Loves to Quilt, Sew. Darn. Quilt. From This To That, LynMarie At That Other Blog  And if you haven't already read my Nancy Drew post, the giveaway is open until the 18th!

4 comments:

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

50 - that's awesome! I remember a small limit too, my Mom didn't drive until I was in 8th grade so we used to take the city bus to the library in the winter and use the bookmobile or bike to the main library in the summer. I still love coming home with a fresh stack of books!

Laura said...

I never got into Nancy Drew, but I remember the three investigator books. I read them all multiple times. They were great!

Karen said...

My Three Investigators books are on the shelf right next to my Nancy Drew books. Love them all!

Sowing Stitches said...

Libraries are so different...when I was young, the library in our town would let us check out as many books as we wanted. Today the library where I live now, different town & state, has a limit...even for adults!
And yes, I remember where I read a specific books, it's like remembering special events with friends and family! :) Comforting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails