Wednesday, February 06, 2013

{yarn along} not taking the easy way out


I'm still knitting away on the  Rose Ribbons Shawl from Knitting Lace Triangles and absolutely loving it.

The alternating bands of flower lace and leaf lace intimidated me at first because it's hard to see what's going on with that flower lace. Until you've got enough rows of it done, it just looks like a bunch of random yarn overs and decreases.


I was tempted to just keep the set up section of flower lace and do the rest of my shawl in leaf lace. It's easier to see where the stitches should fall in that one. But that flower lace is so pretty... and once I got enough of it done to get a good look., it started to make more sense.

The leaf lace is what I messed up on. There's a certain point, which varies from night to night, where it's just too late to knit lace. And that point is never obvious until it's just a bit too late and things have already gone wrong. I've got it fixed now, but it may be a few more rows before I stop holding my breath.

This week's books are The Mysterious Half Cat and The Riddle of the Double Ring, both from the Judy Bolton mystery series.

For more fun projects to drool over, check out On the Needles at Patchwork Times and Work in Progress Wednesdays at Tami's Amis


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your lace shawl is just lovely, I really like the charcoal shade yarn as well!

Anonymous said...

Your shawl is lovely!

Lori ann said...

it is looking beautiful, do you use lifelines? they do truly save you when knitting lace!

Stella Nemeth said...

The lace is beautiful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails