Wednesday, February 27, 2013

{What's Cooking?} Cinnamon Monkey Bread

This week, Judy challenged us to make something with cinnamon. In this house, that'd be hard not to do. The jar of cinnamon lives on the counter beside the stove because I'm always using it in oatmeal and French toast. 

But saying I made breakfast for the kids wasn't going to cut it. I had to find something I hadn't made before...or something I hadn't made in a long time.

Monkey Bread!




This is the easiest desert ever. Take two tubes of biscuits, whatever type is cheap or on sale. Tear the unbaked biscuits into little bite-sized pieces. In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon (I used about one cup of brown sugar and two tablespoons of cinnamon for this batch.) Coat the pieces of biscuit in the brown sugar and cinnamon mixture so that all sides are covered. Pile in a baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for forty five minutes, until the whole thing is gooey and the biscuits are more or less cooked. 

Next week is orange juice -- I need to start looking for recipes because I've never done anything with orange juice except drink it.


Patchwork Times What's Cooking

5 comments:

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

This looks delish... I'm going to give it a try this weekend!

Linda in Calif. said...

I'm heard of this for years and for years and said I would make it and I never have. I really need to buy some tube biscuits. It would be such a good treat for the grandkids.

Linda said...

I love making this too...its easy and delicious!!Have a great day!!

Julianne said...

I have not made monkey bread in such a long time..So good to.

Unknown said...

I had no idea Monkey Bread was so simple to make! Thanks for the great info -- my kids will be grinning this weekend! --Darcy at sothenstories.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails