Friday, February 01, 2013

Let's Make Baby Quilts! {week 5}

How are your baby quilts coming?

Last week, I played with some low volume scraps and made Annabelle. She's just a little postage stamp quilt made up from 2 1/2" squares, but she was a lot of fun to put together.  I want to do more baby quilts with these colors, but I should probably cut the pieces for my daughter's quilt first.

 
This week, I'm pulling out a bunch of pink 2 1/2" strips and hoping to make another quilt like the Scrappy Blue Pinwheels I made back in November. I'll take pictures so I can write up the tutorial.


The winners from last week's Purex Baby giveaway are Mareenchen from Aquamareen Crafting, Deb from asimplelifequilts, and Lori. I'll be writing to each of you for your mailing address.



Let's Make Baby Quilts Linky Party Rules:

I don't want to overwhelm everyone with a huge list of rules, but I do want this linky party to stay on the topic of baby quilts. They can be for donation, or for your own baby, or just because you think they're cute and want them in your sewing room, but they've got to be baby quilts. Link directly to your post or specific Flickr photo. Your post can be about a quilt that's finished, or in progress, or you can be writing about what you have planned, but it's got to be about baby quilts. While we're still gathering steam, you're welcome to link to baby quilt related posts that aren't brand new, but please don't submit the same post more than once. I'd love it if you linked back to my site, either with a text link or the Let's Make Baby Quilts! button.





2 comments:

mtnquiltr said...

Annabelle is so pretty, I love the pastel colours. Usually I choose very very bright, and this quilt looks so lovely and restful to me!

Jo said...

I Love the low volume. I've wanted to make one but just haven't had time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails