Sunday, February 10, 2013

Hocuspocusville Update

My original Hocuspocusville post, which I wrote last summer, has seen quite a bit of traffic lately.  I can't figure out where it's coming from, but it did  remind me how long it's been since I picked up this project.
 
It's all my daughter's cat's fault.
 

The last time I worked on this house, I left it lying on my treadle sewing machine. It wasn't there for long at all, but that's not the point. The point is that the cat should not be sleeping on my embroidery. Or my knitting, my laptop, my sewing machine, the foot pedal of my sewing machine, or my feet....

I may be starting to understand why this cat wound up abandoned by the side of the highway. Did I mention that letting her live in our house wasn't my idea? But apparently she was a house cat in her former life and she insists on keeping that role.

The cat got my clothesline dirty. After all of that tracing, and sewing the socks and bloomers and little boots with their laces and heels,  seeing it covered with cat hair and dirt (and what I'm trying to tell myself isn't blood from a flea bite) was a bit more than I could take. You can still see the worst of it just over the spiderweb.

It's a good thing my husband likes the cat more than I do, or it would never be in this house again.

This morning, I pulled it back out and stitched the cauldron and the outlines of the sign. It's not quite as bad as I thought it was. After the embroidery is all done, I think the spots will be less noticeable. And I really do love working on  this project.

I'm linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.


4 comments:

Lesley said...

It's a lovely stitchery...you may be able to dab the spots a little to minimize the cat's work! You are doing a great job of the stitching!

Quilter Kathy said...

LOL! The cat wants to do some embroidery too!
Let her "help" you! She's the perfect magical cat!
Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

KaHolly said...

That darned cat.

Denise :) said...

Maybe you'll have it all stitched up in time for Halloween 2013?! Cats ... they're such pesky things! But I adore them anyway! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails