Tuesday, January 22, 2013

{what's cooking?} Chicken Vegetable Bake

I think this is starting to break me free of my cooking slump.
 
This week, Judy challenged us to use creamed corn. There's only one recipe I buy creamed corn for -- but that page, along with all of the other pages for things we actually want to make, has fallen out of the cookbook.
 
So, from memory, which may bear little or no resemblance to the published recipe (I haven't made it since we moved into this house seven years ago and I think the original called for turkey), here's my chicken and vegetable bake --
 

Combine one small can cream of celery soup, one small can cream of chicken soup, one can creamed corn, and two or three tablespoons Worcestershire sauce. Add two cans green beans and three or four cups cooked chicken (I used a Costco rotisserie chicken for this batch -- yum!)  If I hadn't been in a rush, I would have also added cooked carrots and celery. 

Spread the whole mess into a lasagna pan. Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for forty-five minutes.  While that's baking, mix one batch of Bisquick biscuits.  Remove the foil and dot biscuit mix onto the top. Bake another twenty minutes or so until the biscuits are done.  

This post is linked to  What's Cooking at Patchwork Times and WFMW at We are THAT Family.

Patchwork Times What's Cooking

3 comments:

Pam in KC said...

Sounds good. I'll have to try that as there is nothing in it that my husband won't eat.

Julianne said...

Sounds good..I might have to try it.

KaHolly said...

Looks like a recipe even I can throw together!! Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails